Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Nobody Asks To Be A Hero..."

At this time, I cannot help but think of all those men and women, who fought, bleed, suffered, and even left this Earth in order to protect our great nation. During the midst of all the fun, excitement, and festivities that this holiday weekend brings, please take the time to reflect on those amazing individuals who have sacrificed so... much for all of us. Countless Americans have laid the ultimate sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. I could never thank their families enough for the sacrifices that they have made.

So, to all those amazing individuals, who served our country proudly…I THANK YOU with ALL my HEART! To those members of the armed forces (past and present) that I am proud know (Robbie Puckett, Shorty “Baby Goose” Wilkinson, Jim Crowe, Adam Magnuson, Chad Whitney)…you fellas are truly heroes. Thank you for all that you have done for my family and me.

The clip below is from the film "Black Hawk Down". This amazing film captures the hearts and souls of the American soldiers that we are lucky enough to call our own. I am so thankful for all those heroes who have fought to keep me FREE.

“Nobody asks to be a hero; it just sometimes turns out that way.” –Sgt. Eversmann

No comments:

Post a Comment