Sunday, August 7, 2011

Possibilties...

Inspiration can come from a lot of places. It can come from a book, from music, from family, from friends, from life experiences. Other times it can come from a piece of art, a movie, or a television show.


Recently, I have been watching "Friday Night Lights" and there are many inspirational moments on that show. One part that really had an impact on me was Tyra Collette's monologue when she shares a portion of her application essay for college. Her words are inspirational, encouraging, and show the incredible growth of her character. The growth from a childish, selfish party girl to a well-rounded, caring, dreaming girl looking to succeed in life.


Be inspired by her words...


"Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. I figured wanting would lead to trying and trying would lead to failure. But now I find I can't stop wanting. I want to fly somewhere on first class. I want to travel to Europe on a business trip. I want to get invited to the White House. I want to learn about the world. I want to surprise myself. I want to be important. I want to be the best person I can be. I want to define myself instead of having others define me. I want to win and have people be happy for me. I want to lose and get over it. I want to not be afraid of the unknown. I want to grow up and be generous and big-hearted, the way people have been with me. I want an interesting and surprising life. It's not that I think I'm going to get all these things. I just want the possibility of getting them. College represents possibility. The possibility that things are going to change. I can't wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment